Ducks release 2017 football schedule
EUGENE, Ore. - Mike Riley returns to the Beaver State at the helm of the Nebraska Cornhuskers to face the Oregon Ducks at Autzen Stadium under the new leadership of Willie Taggart.
Riley is the former head coach of the Oregon State Beavers and son of Bud Riley, defensive coordinator for the famed Beaver team known as the Giant Killers.
His Cornhuskers beat Oregon 35-32 in Lincoln last year.
The Ducks open the season September 2 at home against Sothern Utah.
The team is coming off a 4-8 season that led to the firing of head coach Mark Helfrich.
Oregon found a new coach in Taggart, who has posted recruiting victories and faced his first public hurdle with the hospitalization of 3 players following an intense series of workouts. That situation led to a one-month suspension for a member of Taggart's coaching staff.
The program is months away from posting depth charts, but the Ducks have a number of impact players returning at key positions.
On offense, quarterback Justin Herbert and running back Royce Freeman will be available to line up behind a more experience offensive line. Darren Carrington II and Charles Nelson return at wide receiver.
On the other side of the ball, seniors Henry Mondeaux, Jimmie Swain, Tyree Robinson and Arrion Springs return on defense along with freshman all-America linebacker Troy Dye.
Kickoff times and TV information to be determined.
- Saturday, September 2: Southern Utah (HOME)
- Saturday, September 9: Nebraska (HOME)
- Saturday, September 16: Wyoming (AWAY)
- Saturday, September 23: Arizona State (AWAY)
- Saturday, September 30: Cal (HOME)
- Saturday, October 7: Washington State (HOME)
- Saturday, October 14: Stanford (AWAY)
- Saturday, October 21: UCLA (AWAY)
- Saturday, October 28: Utah (HOME)
- Saturday, November 4: University of Washington (AWAY)
- Saturday, November 18: Arizona (HOME)
- Friday, November 24: Oregon State (HOME)