Ducks at Autzen = Game Day traffic
EUGENE, Ore. - The Ducks return to Autzen Stadium this Saturday - along with 60,000 fans.
While some will walk or take the bus, many people will drive to the game.
Other drivers may want to avoid the area to skip game day traffic.
The Eugene Police Traffic Enforcement Unit offered some tips:
1. Ride the Bus | Lane Transit District offers several convenient park and ride locations throughout Eugene/Springfield at an affordable price. LTD buses are given priority into and out of the area of Autzen Stadium on game days which greatly minimizes travel time for fans.
2. Have a Plan | Fans coming to the game should pre-plan their travel routes and where they will park once they arrive. Normal traffic patterns around Autzen Stadium are dramatically changed on game days and will limit your ability to drive freely through the area.
3. Obey the Law | It’s vital that fans observe basic traffic laws when commuting to and from the game. The traffic cone patterns around the area of Autzen Stadium on games days are considered traffic control devices and cannot be arbitrarily disregarded. Failure to obey these cones patterns or the officers who are directing traffic, may lead to a $300 citation.
4. Be Patient | On game days, approximately 60,000 people come to the area near Autzen Stadium. Trying to get that many people into and out of the area is a huge undertaking and takes time. By allowing plenty of travel time and expecting some delays you will improve your overall game day experience.
5. | Don’t Drink and Drive!!! Local law enforcement agencies want football fans to enjoy themselves but to do so responsibly. By not drinking excessively and designating sober drivers, fans can help prevent tragedies from occurring.
In order to ease congestion in the Ferry Street/Coburg Road area on the day of the game, police recommend that motorists not traveling to the game use alternate routes to access the area during their commutes.
Alternate routes such as the Washington/Jefferson Street Bridge, Delta Highway, Cal Young Road, Harlow Road, Goodpasture Island Road and Green Acres/Cresent Avenue are several ways motorists can access the Coburg Road area without competing with traffic from the game.
After the game
Traffic Enforcement officers ask motorists to take the Club Road exit to downtown as an alternate option to access northbound Delta to Beltline, instead of having to travel north on Coburg from MLK. If more motorists use this route, traffic in other areas around the stadium will be less impacted by traffic from the game.
The Eugene Police Traffic Enforcement Unit would like your commute to the match to go as smooth as possible. By following these suggestions you can reduce your commute time, ease congestion around Autzen Stadium, and reduce the risk of traffic crashes.