Where to go to beat the heat in Eugene
EUGENE, Ore. - Temperatures will reach close to 100 degrees over the weekend. If you're looking for some place to escape the heat, Eugene invites the public to cool off in air conditioned libraries, community centers, swimming pools and parks.
All three Eugene Public Library locations are air conditioned.
- The Downtown Library, 100 West 10th Ave., is open 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., M-Th, and 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. F-Su
- The Bethel Branch Library, 1990 Echo Hollow Rd., and Sheldon Branch Library, 1566 Coburg Rd., are open 2 p.m - 8 p.m. Tues, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. W & Th, and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. F & Sa; closed Sundays.
The city has five community centers that are air conditioned.
- Amazon Center, 2700 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
- Campbell Center, 155 High St. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-F
- Hilyard Center, 2580 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., M-F
- Petersen Barn Center, 870 Berntzen Rd., 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
- River House Center, 301 No. Adams St., Noon - 4 p.m., M-F
If you're looking to take a dip in a pool, you can swim in one of the city's three pools. Sheldon and Echo Hollow Pools are open for lap and recreational swimming most days. Amazon Pool is open for lap swimming every day.
For more information on the pool schedules and fees, click here.
- Amazon Pool, 2600 Hilyard St., 541-682-5350. CLOSED JUNE 5.
- Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Rd., 541-682-5525
- Sheldon Pool, 2443 Willakenzie Dr., 541-682-5314
Or, if you're looking for a way to entertain the kids, check out one of the city parks' spray play areas.
- Skinner Butte RiverPlay Playground