Where to cool off in Lane County
EUGENE, Ore. - As temperatures rise, the City of Eugene invites individuals to cool off in air-conditioned libraries, community centers, swimming pools and parks.
Outside Eugene: Springfield | Oakridge | Junction City | Cottage Grove
City of Eugene Recreation pools offer great relief from the heat. The pool locations and rec swim business hours are:
- Amazon Pool, 2600 Hilyard St., M-Su: 2-5p.m.; MW 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Echo Hollow Pool, 1655 Echo Hollow Rd.,M-F:1:10-3:40 p.m.;7-8:30 p.m. M-F; Su: 1:15-3 p.m.
- Sheldon Pool, 2443 Willakenzie Dr., M-F:1:40-3:40 p.m.; MW 7:35-8:30 p.m.; F:7:30-8:30 p.m.; Sa: Noon-2 p.m.
For more information on pool schedules and fees, visit www.eugene-or.gov/recaquatics or call (541) 682-5525.
All three Eugene Public Library locations are air-conditioned. The hours of operation are:
- The Downtown Library, 100 West 10th Ave., is open 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., M-Th, and 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. F-Su. Open late on Friday, July 3 10 a.m. - 8 p.m
- The Bethel Branch Library, 1990 Echo Hollow Rd., and Sheldon Branch Library, 1566 Coburg Rd., are open 2 p.m - 8 p.m. Tues, 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. W & Th, and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. F & Sa; closed Sundays.
The City operates five community centers that are air-conditioned. The hours of operation and locations of those centers are:
- Amazon Center, 2700 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
- Campbell Center, 155 High St. 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., M-F
- Hilyard Center, 2580 Hilyard St., 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., M-F
- Petersen Barn Center, 870 Berntzen Rd., 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., M-F
- River House Center, 301 No. Adams St., Noon - 4 p.m., M-F
Spray play areas in City parks are a cooling resource as well. Spray play areas are located in the following parks:
- Skinner Butte RiverPlay Playground
Oakridge Library, 48318 E. 1st Street
Tuesday 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm
Thursday 9pm-12pm and 1pm-5pm
Viking Sal Senior Center, 245 W 5th Avenue
Ages: 55 and up
Junction City Public Library, 726 Greenwood Street
Phone: (541) 998-8942
Max Strauss Pool, 1515 Laurel Street
Phone: (541) 998-3621
Cottage Grove Public Library, 700 Gibbs Avenue
Phone: (541) 942-3828
Springfield City Hall
Phone: (541) 726-3759
Willamalane Center for Sports and Recreation, 250 W. 32nd St.
Saturday- Sunday: 8am-8pm
Willamalane Adult Activity Center, 215 E. C St.
Ages: 50 and over: 8am-5pm, 18 and over: 5pm to close
Phone: (541) 736-4444
Willamalane Park Swim Center, 1276 G St.
Phone: (541) 736-4080
Hours: Monday- Saturday: 1pm-3pm
Splash! At Lively Park, 6100 Thurston Road
Ebbert Memorial Umc (Methodist Church), 532 C St.
Phone: (541) 746-3512
July 30: 5pm-6:30pm
Saturday, August 1: 3:30pm-4:30pm
Monday, August 3: 8pm-10pm