HAPPY VALLEY, Ore. – A 3-year-old is recovering after she fell from the window of a third-floor apartment in Happy Valley on Wednesday afternoon, Clackamas Fire officials said.
The girl fell after noon at the Mt. Scott Apartments on SE Stevens Road.
Initial reports state she landed on rock and barkdust; she was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive her injuries.
Officials said they are not sure who else was at home when the child fell.
Firefighters say this is a good reminder that people should not leave windows open when children or pets are unattended. Authorities say you shouldn’t rely on window screens to prevent falls.
The "Stop at 4" campaign asks people to prevent window falls by keeping windows open to a maximum of 4 inches.