Heat lamp causes house fire in Springfield.


SPRINGFIELD, Ore. — Eugene/Springfield Fire responded to a house fire at 567 53rd Pl. Springfield on Saturday night.

Residents of the house were gone all day, and came home to find their house full of smoke. An occupant made his way to the back bedroom to find flames from a dresser burning up the wall.

The man got his dog outside and grabbed a garden hose, partially extinguishing the fire before crews arrived.

Crews were able to extinguish the remainder of the hot spots and remove the smoke from the house. The house suffered significant heat and smoke damage, worth at least $20,000.

The cause of the fire is believed to be from a heat lamp that was used to keep baby chickens warm.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off