In the Kitchen: Salmon Stuffed with Basil & Two Cheeses
Stuffed salmon sounds like an elegant dish and one that would definitely impress your guests. It’s a rich, filling meal that you could serve with roasted potatoes or fresh green beans. It also gives you the opportunity to work on your knife skills.
Salmon Stuffed with Basil & Two Cheeses
- 2 pounds salmon, boneless and skinless
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lemons, sliced 1/8 inch thick, seeds removed
Make filling by combining the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, and green onion. Divide the filling into 6 equal portions.
Carefully butterfly the salmon fillets to create a pocket for the filling. (see how in the video)
Stuff fillets with one portion of the filling, and close salmon over the filling.
Season the fillets lightly with some salt and black pepper.
Top each filet with 4 lemon slices.
Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 18 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Makes 6 servings.