Summer Camp Information 2017
Youth Conservation Corps Accepting Summer Applications
Ages 16 - 18 years
Youth can now apply for eight weeks of summer employment with the Central Oregon Youth Conservation Corps (COYCC).
- Heart of Oregon Corps, a local non-profit, is recruiting for the education and work program, which provides natural resource employment for conservation projects on the Ochoco and Deschutes National Forests and the Crooked River National Grassland.
- Nearly 100 applicants will be selected for this summer’s program and earn $10.25 an hour, working 36 hours a week. Projects include building trails, maintaining fences, piling hazardous fuels, restoring campgrounds, improving wildlife habitat and other types of conservation work.
- Youth will work nine hours a day, Monday through Thursday, from July 3 to August 24, with crews based in Crescent, La Pine, Bend, Sisters, Redmond, Prineville, Madras, and Warm Springs.
- Applications must be received by May 1st and are available online.
Heart of Oregon Corps operates the Central Oregon Youth Conservation Corps program in partnership with the US Forest Service and Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council. Funding for the 2017 program secured thus far includes support and grant awards from the Deschutes National Forest, the Ochoco National Forest, the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs Umpqua Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Central Oregon STEM Hub, and United Way of Deschutes County.
Summer Program Coordinator | Yancy Wilkenfeldt at 541-633-7834
Forest Service YCC Coordinator | Paul Smith at 541-416-6431
Douglas County 4-H Resident Camp | Theme: Animal Planet
June 20-23 | Youth grades 4 - 6
All boys and girls in grades 4, 5, and 6. Campers need not be 4-H members to attend.
This overnight camp is designed to give youth hands-on outdoor experiences and memories to last a lifetime. With the theme of Animal Planet campers will get to learn about all kinds of animals as well as participate in crafts, archery, games, campfires, skits and songs. Camp fee is $155 and campers do not need to be 4-H members to attend. Parents will be responsible for getting campers to Roseburg High School on the 20th and picking them up on the 23rd. We will be busing the campers to Camp Myrtlewood and back to Roseburg at the end of camp.
Registration ends June 11th and space is limited. Registration is available online at the Extension Office website.
Camp Myrtlewood, Bridge
541-672-7761 | extension.oregonstate.edu/douglas
South Slough Summer Science Camps
All fees include snacks, a t-shirt and help cover the cost of instructors:
- June 28 to June 30 | 9 am to 1 pm | Zoea Camp (Kindergarten and grade 1) | $55
- July 12 to 14 | 9 am to 2 pm | Megalops Camp (grades 2 & 3) | $65
- July 26 to 28 | 9 am to 3 pm | Instar Camp (grades 4 & 5) | $70
- August 2 to 4 | 9 am to 3 pm | Dungeness Camp (grade 6 & above) | $70
- August 16 to 18 | 9 am to 2 pm | Megalops Camp (grades 2 & 3) | $65
Camps offer hands-on activities in the estuary with a focus on natural history and outdoor exploration. Campers bring their own lunch, but a snack is provided during the day. Camps are designed to fit the abilities and interests of campers according to the grade they will be entering in the Fall of 2017. Registration is available online.
This year Summer Science Camps will run three days, Wed-Fri rather than four as in previous years. There is a slight reduction in cost to account for the shorter time frame.
*The Friends of South Slough Inc. (FOSS) strive to keep camps affordable. Limited scholarships are available.
Eric Dean | email@example.com | 541-888-5558 ext. 126
Young Women's Fire Camp
July 10 - 14 | 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM | FREE
Eugene Springfield Fire will host its 7th annual Young Women's Fire Camp for one week in July. This camp is for high school aged young women who are interested in gaining confidence and leadership skills and provides an opportunity for them to try fire-fighting and emergency medical services through hands-on training in a safe and controlled environment.
Eugene Springfield Fire, Eugene
Firecamp@ci.eugene.or.us | 541-682-7135 | www.eugene.or-gov/fire
To submit your upcoming event please use our Event Submission Form (Click Here)
To reach our Community Calendar Coordinator, please email: LaneDouglasCoosCommunity@sbgtv.com