Lane County Community Events
Springfield Public Library Events
Teen program - Learn to Draw Steampunk Art | Every Tuesday | 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM | FREE | For Teens
Springfield Public Library, 225 Fifth Street, Springfield | www.springfield-or.gov
Eugene Public Library Events
- Family Music Time: FREE every Saturday at 10:15 AM
- Dog Tale Time: FREE every Saturday, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM | Children from kindergarten to sixth grade to build skills by reading to trained dogs. Dogs and handlers come courtesy of PAAWS (Project Canine and Pet Partner teams). Pre-register starting one week in advance.
- Family Fun!: FREE every Sunday at 2:30 PM
- Small Business Clinic: Ask the Experts: FREE | Pre-register in advance for individual appointments on May 4 and May 18 between 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. | Running a small business? Or thinking of starting one? Get one-on-one advice and mentoring from the experts.
Downtown Eugene Public Library, 10th & Olive, Eugene
541-682-8316 | www.eugene-or.gov/library
Hult Center Shows
- Joe Bonamassa | October 16
Hult Center for the Performing Arts, One Eugene Center, Eugene
541-682-5000 | hultcenter.org
Lane Events Center Events
- Gun Show: September 9 & 10 | Auditorium | www.collectorswest.com
- Big Tree Beer and Cider Festival: September 16 & 17 | www.bigtreebeerfest.com
- Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market: September 17 | 8 AM - 4 PM | www.piccadillyflea.com
- Free Community Dental Clinic: October 15 - 16 | email@example.com
- Clay Fest: October 6 - 8 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.clayfest.org
- 35th Annual Lane County Home Improvement Show: October 6 - 8 | www.EugeneHomeShow.com | Facebook
- Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market: October 8 | 8 AM - 4 PM | www.piccadillyflea.com
- Lane County Stand Down: October 13 | email@example.com
- Eugene Chamber Business to Business Expo: October 19 | www.eugenebusinessexpo.com
- Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market: October 22 | 8 AM - 4 PM | www.piccadillyflea.com
- Gun Show: October 28 & 29 | Auditorium | www.collectorswest.com
- Gem Faire: November 3 - 5 | Performance Hall | 503-252-8300 | www.gemfaire.com
- Holiday Food & Gift Festival: November 3 - 5 | www.hfgf.com
- Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market: November 5 | 8 AM - 4 PM | www.piccadillyflea.com
- Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market: November 19 | 8 AM - 4 PM | www.piccadillyflea.com
- Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market: December 3 | 8 AM - 4 PM | www.piccadillyflea.com
- Oregon Knife Collectors Holiday Show: December 9 | www.oregonknifeclub.org
- Picc-A-Dilly Flea Market: December 17 | 8 AM - 4 PM | www.piccadillyflea.com
- 13th Good Earth Home, Garden & Living Show: January 19 - 21, 2018 | www.eugenehomeshow.com | Facebook
- 39th Lane County Home & Garden Show: March 8 - 11, 2018 | www.eugenehomeshow.com | Facebook
Lane Events Center at the Fairgrounds, 796 W. 13th Ave., Eugene
541-682-7395 | www.LaneEventsCenter.org
Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art: 2017
- First Saturday Public Tour: 45-minute tour | Free
- Free First Friday: Enjoy the JSMA the first Friday of every month. | Free
- Check the website for current events
Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art,1430 Johnson Lane, Eugene
541-346-3027 | jsma.uoregon.edu
OSU Extension Service Sponsors Pruning Classes in Lane County
See website for classes.
Pre-Registration is requested for all pruning sessions. Classes will be held rain or shine.
For more information or to register for a pruning class call the number noted for the specific class, or for all other classes call the OSU Extension Service.
A $10 donation per person is recommended for classes and will be collected at class site.
541-344-5859 | extension.oregonstate.edu/lane/gardens
Forth Tuesday of Each Month | 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
The event is free to the public and all ages are welcome. $5 Suggested Donation
The Coast Fork Willamette Watershed Council hosts a free monthly public meeting series called the Coast Fork Science Pub. The event begins with informal socializing, trivia, prizes and updates about the watershed and watershed council during the first hour. Then our Science Pub presentation begins at 6pm. Participants are encouraged to support the Coast Fork Willamette Watershed Council by ordering food & drinks from 5-7:30pm, as 10% of the sales from evening sales will benefit the Watershed Council.
657 E. Main Street, Cottage Grove
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-767-9717
Open Microphone Musical Benefit for Habitat For Humanity
2nd Tuesday of each Month | 6:30 PM
Free (donations encouraged and gratefully accepted).
This monthly event is a benefit for the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity. There is no cover charge; donations are gratefully accepted; and the talent is always mostly quite good.
If you are a musician and you would like to perform at the open mike, prepare a musical set up to 20 minutes long, then show up and sign up by 6:30pm. (When 10 or more musicians sign up, each one will be given 15 minutes for their set; when 9 or fewer folks sign up, each performer will be allowed 20 minutes.) If you would like to be part of our audience, please join us any time from 6:30pm on for this unique local display of talent and generosity, which supports a worthy non-profit cause, Cottage Grove’s local branch of Habitat for Humanity.
Folks who are under 21 are allowed into the pub until 8:30 pm in order to enjoy and fully participate in the evening, but not to drink alcoholic beverages.
Axe & Fiddle Music Pub, 657 East Main Street, Cottage Grove
Youth Art Works: Free Art Class for Kids Ages 6-12
Every Saturday | 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Emerald Art Center, 500 Main St., Springfield
Eugene Saturday Market
Every Saturday Now - November 11 | 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Eugene's weekly arts, food and music festival. Over 200 artisans sell their handcrafted goods, fifteen food booths serve up an international array of foods, and the stage features six different live music acts each day. In operation since 1970, the Market is the oldest weekly open-air crafts festival in the U.S.
126 E 8th, Eugene
email@example.com | 541-686-8885 | www.eugenesaturdaymarket.org
Walk and Talk with a Doc
Now - September | 5:00 PM | Free | Rain or Shine
- August 21
- September 11 & 25
Have fun and join us for a healthy walk. We will begin with a few minutes to discuss the importance of exercise and then head out for a 30 minute walk. It's a great way to get out, get active, and enjoy good conversation. Who can come? ANYONE! People of all ages and walking abilities are welcome. Don't forget to bring a friend to this FREE community event!
Sponsored by McKenzie Hear, Lung and Vascular Center.
Doris Ranch, Springfield | 541-744-8640
Online School Hosts Parent Meeting
August 17, 2017 | 6:30 PM | Free
Families can learn more about the stateâ€™s leading tuition-free virtual public school, Oregon Connections Academy (ORCA) at an upcoming information session at the Comfort Suites in Springfield.At the information session, parents and students have an opportunity to learn about the schoolâ€™s curriculum, and thoroughly explore the program.
969 Kruse Way, Springfield
firstname.lastname@example.org | (503) 779-3150
Cottage Heritage Fair & Lumber Jack Show
August 18, 19 & 20 | 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM / Sun close 4:00 PM | $3.00 /12 & under free/1 can + $2.00
Old fashion fair, 4H in the barns, Lumber Jack Shows with youth competition Friday & Saturday. Celebrate our 85th Birthday with cake & ice cream at 3:30 PM on Saturday.
2000 N. Douglas, Cottage Grove
email@example.com | 541-942-6150
20th Annual Florence Coin Show
Aug 19 & 20 | Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Sunday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM | Free
Buy, Sell, Trade gold, silver, rare coins & tokens. Free appraisals. Submit coins for grading with ANACS
715 Quince St., Florence | firstname.lastname@example.org
Stewart's Roadhouse Jam
August 19 | 2:00 PM - 8:30 PM | Free
Family friendly outdoor concert featuring Stewart's Roadhouse Band (formerly the Dexter Lake Club House Band), and friends Steve Ibach, Craig Sorseth, and Hank Shreve.
Banner Bank in Greenwaters Park, Oakridge
DeadMountainEcho@live.com | 541-515-8382
2017 Solar Eclipse Events | August 21
Spring Valley Assisted Living Hosts Car Show Fundraiser for Alzheimer’s Association®
August 24 | 1:00 PM
Friends and family are invited to drive over to Spring Valley Assisted Living for an afternoon of old cars, oldies music and a good cause. The show will feature a collection of classic, pre-1950 cars of Loose Nuts Street Rods of Eugene, OR.
Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and soda will be for sale. All proceeds will go towards the Alzheimer’s Association®. Come vote for your favorite car and help Spring Valley Assisted Living reach their fundraising goal!
Spring Valley Assisted Living, 770 Harlow Road in Springfield
541-744-216 | www.springvalleyseniorliving.com
August 25 & 26 | 7:30 PM | Free
Second play in the Summer Soup (free theatre by the Seat of OUr Pants) series. Play description: Is laziness the opposite of love? Is the search for the Self for total nobodies? These are questions posed through the prolific pen of Will Eno, one of America's leading contemporary playwrights, whose talents for playful idiosyncratic language shine through in "Gnit". Watch closely as Peter Gnit, a funny-enough but so-so specimen of humanity, makes a lifetime of bad decisions, on the search for his True Self, which is disintegrating while he searches. A rollicking and very cautionary tale about, among other things, how the opposite of love is laziness." Gnit" is a faithful, unfaithful, and willfully American misreading of Henrik Ibsen's Peer Gynt, A 19th century Norwegian play which is famous for all the wrong reasons. Written by Will Eno, who has never been to Norway. Directed by Tricia Rodley Presented by special arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
UO Campus, Hope Theatre, Eugene | email@example.com | 541-346-4171
theatre.uoregon.edu/summer-theatre | Facebook Page: SummerSoupTheatre
Florence Habitat For Humanity: BEACHWALK
September 9 | 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM | Donations Accepted
Let's go fly a kite! 18th annual BEACHWALK is the major fundraiser for FHFH. Starting point at North Jetty, walk to Driftwood Shores. Food, Music, and a professional KITE demonstration at Driftwood Shores. Join our efforts to build safe & affordable housing in Florence!
North Jetty, North Jetty Road off Rhododendron Drive, Florence
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-997-8818
Climb Out of the Darkness- WellMama
September 10 | 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM | Free
Join us as we symbolically rise out of the darkness of maternal mental illness and into the light of hope and wellness! A community awareness event that sheds light on postpartum depression struggles. Bring your friends and family. Meet at the Campbell Community Center law for a walk to the Owen Rose Garden, 11-12. After party at Coldfire Brewing from 12-2, with music, food and drinks, and kids activities.
155 High St., Eugene | 1-800-896-0410
wellmamaoregon.com | www.facebook.com/wellmama
VET'S CLUB 5 STAR HOLIDAY SALE
November 25 & 26 | 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Pottery, baskets, lotions and soaps, garden art, specialty foods, jewelry and more!
1626 Wllamette St., Eugene
email@example.com | 541-520-5365
The Shedd Institute's 2017 Theatricals Season
Singin’ In The Rain (1952) | December 1-17 (9 performances)
The John G. Shedd Institute for the Arts, 868 High Street, Eugene
541-434-7000 | www.theshedd.com/Theatricals2017
To reach our Community Calendar Coordinator, please email: LaneDouglasCoosCommunity@sbgtv.com