Douglas County Community Events
Third Sunday Bluegrass Jam
Every Third Sunday Year-Round | 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Opened to listeners and pickers. All levels encouraged. Refreshments - Donations kindly accepted.
Sponsored by the Oregon Bluegrass Association - Roseburg Chapter.
Sutherlin Senior Center, (202 East Central Ave., Sutherlin
LIZ at 541-679-0553 | email@example.com | www.oregonbluegrass.org
Each Friday | 12:10 PM | Free and open to the PUBLIC!
Special music presented by various artists every Friday during Lent. Each meditation is preceded by a donation soup and sandwich luncheon provided by the Presbyterian Women in the church social hall at 11:30 a.m.
823 SE Lane Avenue, Roseburg
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-673-5559
Mercy Medical Center: COMMUNITY SUPPORT GROUP SCHEDULE
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Meets Mondays, 6 – 7 p.m. Conference Room C, Mercy Medical Center, 2700 Stewart Parkway, free. Please call 541-677-4810 for more information.
- Blood Pressure Screening – Take care of your health; have your blood pressure checked. The Mercy Medical Center Volunteer Counsel provides these free screenings. Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., YMCA. For more information, please call 541-677-4464.
- Children’s Bereavement Support “Walk About Hooves” – The “Walk About Hooves” program, sponsored by Mercy Foundation, is bringing a new and exciting resource to our Douglas County children. Mercy Foundation is partnering with “Walk About Hooves” to bring Equine Assisted Learning to Douglas County families who have experienced a loss. This service is for the students and is offered at no costs. For more information and to register, please call 541-677-2384.
- Mammography Screening Services – Early detection is your best defense. This is by appointment only. Mercy Outpatient Imaging, 1813 W Harvard. Please call 541-677-2345.
- Grief Support Group – Meets Mondays, 10 – 11:30 a.m. Community Cancer Center, Room B, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway, Roseburg, free. Please call 541-677-1258 for more information.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Group – Meets Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Westside Christian Church, 2750 Harvard, Roseburg, free. Please call Diana 541-817-4072 for more information.
- NextStep Smoking Cessation Support Group – Meets Tuesdays, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Community Cancer Center, Conference rooms B & C, 2880 NW Stewart Parkway, Roseburg, Please call 541-673-2267 for more information.
Meetings on a slightly different schedule:
- Celiac Support and Resource Group – Now meeting quarterly. For more information (date, time, location) please call Sue at 541-672-2977.
- Gluten Free Support Group – Meets for lunch periodically. Please call Sue for more information at 541-672-2977
Mercy Medical Center, 2700 Stewart Parkway, Roseburg
Canyonville Farmer's Market
Every Wednesday from Now - Sept. 27 | 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM | Free
Local farmers market featuring local farmers, artisans, and live music! Pet Friendly!
Seven Feathers Parking Lot, 146 Chief Miwaleta Ln., Canyonville
email@example.com | 541-375-0725
Holiday Bazaar & Bake Sale
November 11 & 12, 2017
Roseberg Senior Center, 1614 SE Stephens, Roseburg
It is a Holiday Craft Fair/Bazaar, with Handmade items, gift items and Bake Sale.
October 21 | 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM | $75.00 Each Ticket
The Boys & Girls Club of the Umpqua Valley's Celebrate Kids event is the annual fundraising event that honors our Club members for their star qualities and accomplishments. The evening includes an award ceremony, a delicious meal, and a live and silent auction. An event you won't want to miss!
1144 NE Cedar, Roseburg | firstname.lastname@example.org | 541-440-9505
Selling Logs From Your Property: An Educational Symposium for Landowners
October 27 & 28
The cost to attend (including Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and field trip transportation) is $40 per person before October 1st, and $50 per person October 2nd through October 20th. Registration closes Friday, October 20th at 5pm. Members of the Lane County chapter of the Oregon Small Woodlands Association receive a $5 discount. Funding is provided in part by a grant from OSU Extension, as well as sponsorships from the Associated Oregon Loggers and the Lane County chapter of the Oregon Small Woodlands Association.
Oregon State University Extension Service will host this event that features both classroom sessions and panel discussions on the fundamentals of managing a timber sale, followed by a field trip. Classroom sessions will be held Friday, October 27th from 5pm – 8:30pm and Saturday, October 28th from 9am – 2pm. At the conclusion of the classroom sessions, participants will visit a local small woodland for the field portion of the symposium. The field trip will include a log scaling demonstration, a portable sawmill demonstration, and a tour of harvested units of different ages, providing visual context for what forests look like immediately after harvest through maturity. Symposium speakers include consulting foresters, loggers, log buyers, small woodland landowners, and representatives from the OSU Extension Service and the Oregon Department of Forestry.
Crow Middle/High School, 25863 Crow Rd., Eugene
email@example.com | 541-579-2150 | http://extension.oregonstate.edu/lane/upcoming-classes-events
Emmaus Holiday Bazaar
Emmaus Lutheran Church, 1250 West 18th Avenue, Eugene
To reach our Community Calendar Coordinator, please email: LaneDouglasCoosCommunity@sbgtv.com