Students can explore career paths at Expanding Horizons summer camps
ROSEBURG, Ore. -- Douglas County middle school students can sign up now for Expanding Horizons Career & Technical Education summer camps that will offer the chance to explore various career paths.
Experiences at this year’s camps will focus on such topics as technology, drafting, natural resources and rocketry. All camps are being supported by Douglas County Partners for Student Success and the Umpqua Valley STEAM Hub.
Camps will be held at multiple locations throughout the county. All camps are free, with breakfast and lunch provided for most. Transportation options are also available for several camps, which are each one week long.
Camps for middle school students include:
- Business Leadership, June 18-22 at Roseburg High School;
- Exploring the Trades, July 9-13 at Yoncalla Middle/High School, and July 16-19 at Phoenix School in Roseburg;
- Technology and Manufacturing, June 18-22 at Roseburg High School;
- Natural Resources, July 16-19 at Phoenix School;
- Drafting and Production Design, June 25-28 at Riddle High School;
- Space Exploration & Rocketry (sponsored in partnership with NASA and Northwest Earth and Space Sciences Pipeline), July 9-12 at Cobb School; and July 23-26 at Yoncalla Elementary School.
Partners include Douglas Education Service District, Roseburg Public Schools, Phoenix School, Umpqua Community College, Riddle School District, Yoncalla School District, Cobb School and multiple businesses and industries.
To register for the camps, or for more information, visit www.dcpss.org.