MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Patient's fart sparks fire that burns her during surgery

(Credit: Taber Andrew Bain/Flickr/CC By 2.0)

A woman's flatulence is being blamed for a fire that caused significant burns to her body, a Tokyo newspaper reports.

An article by the the Asahi Shimbun states the fire happened at the Tokyo Medical University Hospital on April 15 as a patient in her 30s had a procedure with a laser to her cervix.

Officials said it was the laser that ignited her passed gas and burned her waist and legs.

A committee of independent experts found no flammable materials were in the operation room at the time, according to a report released last Friday. It also stated the equipment used during the operation was functioning as normal.



Trending