MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

DA: No charges against man who shot, killed home invasion suspects

(KTUL)

The Wagoner County District Attorney's Office has announced that no charges will be filed against the man who shot and killed three home invasion suspects last week.

The sheriff's office held a joint news conference Monday with the DA's office regarding last week's deadly break-in. The DA's office also said three first-degree murder charges were filed against the woman who admitted to planning the burglary.

"The facts in this case are very solid," said Sheriff Chris Elliot. "These individuals chose to go to this house. They chose to break into this house. They chose to forcefully enter into the house. And because of those decisions, they lost their life."

On March 27, deputies say three teenagers were shot and killed during a burglary near Broken Arrow. After breaking into the home, deputies say 19-year-old Maxwell Cook, 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn and 16-year-old Jaykob Woodruff encountered Zach Peters, the 23-year-old son of the homeowner, armed with an AR-15.

LISTEN: 911 call released from deadly Wagoner County burglary

All three suspects were shot and died at the home. The District Attorney's Office now says Peters was justified in shooting the suspects.

Deputies say the teens' getaway driver, 21-year-old Elizabeth Rodriguez, showed up at the Broken Arrow Police Department hours after the break-in, claiming to have information. She was arrested on three counts of first-degree murder after telling investigators she planned the whole thing.

WCSO: Getaway driver in deadly home invasion had no connection with homeowners

Deputies say Rodriguez admitted to investigators that they had been to the Peters home earlier in the day, breaking into an apartment on the property.

Elliott said there has been an increase in burglaries in Wagoner County. He said the deceased suspects could have been involved in other burglaries in the neighborhood.

"There's been other burglaries in the neighborhood, and part of our investigation did reveal that they had cased several other houses in the neighborhood," said Elliott.

Rodriguez later agreed to on-camera interviews with the media, saying she feels guilty but doesn't feel responsible for the teens' deaths.

Trending