MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Peace Health warns of carbon monoxide poisoning during holiday season

Carbon monoxide (MGN)

EUGENE, Ore. - As winter gets closer, Peace Health Officials are reminding families about a silent killer: Carbon Monoxide.

Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that's considered deadly.

The gas can be released by a furnace, generators, stoves and even water heaters. A detection device is the only resource that can tell if carbon monoxide is present in the room.

Jim Cole, the EMS Coordinator for Peace Health says that symptoms are similar to the flu, including fatigue, not thinking clearly, and sometimes you might even start to lose consciousness.

Cole says that this could be one of the best devices for you to have in your home this holiday season.

"It is one of the few things, that a $20 device in your home could really literally save lives in an entire family, and it could be one of the best Christmas presents someone could get this year," said Cole.

Peace Health sees an increase of carbon monoxide poisoning during power outages and weather related incidents.

Trending