Memorial Day F-15 flyover planned for Eugene
SALEM, Ore. - The Oregon Air National Guard plans a flyover of Eugene on Monday in honor of Memorial Day.
F-15 Eagle fighter jets from the 173rd Fighter Wing in Klamath Falls will fly over the NCAA Men's Golf Championships in Eugene at 11:03 a.m., the Guard said.
The 173rd Fighter Wing is scheduled to conduct the following flyovers:
- 11:03 a.m., NCAA Men's Golf Championship, Eugene, Oregon.
- 11:20 a.m., Memorial Day Ceremony, Eagle Point, Oregon.
- 11:35 a.m., Memorial Day Ceremony, Klamath Falls, Oregon.
- 11:50 a.m., Veterans Memorial Ceremony, Gold Beach, Oregon.
- 12:10 p.m., Memorial Day Ceremony, Riverside Park, Grants Pass, Oregon.
- 12:20 p.m., Memorial Day Ceremony, Grants Pass, Oregon.
The 142nd Fighter Wing in Portland is scheduled to conduct the following flyovers:
- 10:12 a.m., Willamette National Cemetery Memorial Day Program, Portland, Oregon.
- 10:30 a.m., City of Wasco, Wasco, Oregon.
- 11:10 a.m., Memorial Day Ceremony Veterans Memorial Park, Beaverton, Oregon.
- 11:15 a.m., Crescent Grove Cemetery Memorial Day Ceremony, Tigard, Oregon.
All passes will be approximately 1,000 feet above ground level and about 400 mph airspeed. Flights could be canceled or times changed due to inclement weather or operational contingencies.
The 142nd Fighter Wing guards the Pacific Northwest skies from northern California to the Canadian border, on 24-hour alert as part of the North American Air Defense system, the Guard said.
The 173rd Fighter Wing is home to the premier F-15 pilot training school, the Guard said.