FBI: $10,000 reward for 'double hat bandit' who robbed banks in Ore., Wash.
PORTLAND, Ore. – The FBI is looking for a man who robbed more than a dozen banks at gunpoint in several western states, including some branches in Oregon and Washington.
Federal investigators are offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information that helps arrest the so-called “double hat bandit.”
The FBI’s nickname stems from surveillance photos that show he typically wears a knit hat over the top of a baseball cap.
The string of bank robberies took place between December 19, 2016 and July 22, 2017, and includes banks in Spokane, Portland, Milwaukie, and Eugene. (detailed list below)
A wanted poster describes the man as about 5-foot-10 to just over 6 feet tall, between 50 and 60 years old, with gray facial hair.
During a bank robbery in Spokane on June 27, 2017, witnesses saw him driving a grayish blue Chevy Malibu with New Mexico license plates.
If you have any helpful information, call the FBI’s tip line at (801) 579-6480.
- December 19, 2016 - U.S. Bank, 4065 South Redwood Road in West Valley City, Utah
- December 27, 2016 – U.S. Bank, 7061 South Redwood Road in West Jordan, Utah
- December 27, 2016 – U.S. Bank, 4080 West 9000 South in West Jordan, Utah
- January 3, 2017 – Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, 933 East Mission Avenue in Spokane, Washington
- January 3, 2017 - Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, 2507 West Wellesley Avenue in Spokane, Washington
- January 19, 2017 – U.S. Bank, 4320 King Road in Milwaukie, Oregon
- January 23, 2017 – Wells Fargo, 4515 Southeast Woodstock Boulevard in Portland, Oregon
- January 24, 2017 – U.S. Bank, 1675 West 18th Avenue in Eugene, Oregon
- June 21, 2017 – U.S. Bank, 922 East 2100 South in Salt Lake City, Utah
- June 23, 2017 – Wells Fargo, 4515 Southeast Woodstock Boulevard in Portland, Oregon
- June 27, 2017 – Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, 2507 West Wellesley Avenue in Spokane, Washington
- July 10, 2017 – First Bank, 2660 Federal Boulevard in Denver, Colorado
- July 22, 2017 – U.S. Bank, 7100 West State Street in Boise, Idaho