Boeing Co. seeking thousands of applicants for open manufacturing jobs
The Boeing Co. is looking to hire its next wave of workers during a series of five job fairs around the Puget Sound region and in Yakima.
The aerospace giant says it is seeking thousands of applicants - starting Thursday - for open positions in non-management manufacturing fields.
Specifically, Boeing says it is looking for veterans who have recently separated from the military or recent graduates of academic manufacturing programs, including high school and community college programs.
Current examples of open positions include assemblers, hand finishers, functional testers, painters and many more. The company wants people with experience or training in construction, automotive mechanic, auto body repair, electrical, precision machining, welding, aircraft mechanic, and other like manufacturing programs.
The five job fairs will allow applicants to create online profiles, apply for open positions and speak with human resources personnel.
Here is a list of the five job fairs:
- Thursday, Nov. 9, at 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at Renton Technical College, Bldg. H, Room 102, 3000 NE 4th St., Renton
- Saturday, Nov. 11, at 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. at Yakima Valley Technical Skill Center, 1120 S. 18th St., Yakima
- Monday, Nov. 20, at 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at Pierce County WorkSource, 1305 Tacoma Ave. S., Tacoma
- Monday, Nov. 27, at 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. at Snohomish County WorkSource, 3201 Smith Ave., Everett
- Wednesday, Nov. 29, at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Olympic College, 1600 Chester Ave., Bremerton